1) Our Downtown is Dope
Spokane’s downtown is amongst the healthiest in the nation. It’s not a neglected urban environment of surface parking lots surrounded by tattoo parlors and check cashing services. Nah, we’re better than that, and it’s why many new-comers decided to relocate to Spokane. Downtown has the big companies you want like Apple and Nordstrom but also plenty of mom-and-pops thriving in an active, walkable, mixed-use, and dynamic urban environment.
2) You Can Still Buy A Home For $300,000
Yep, $300,000. Three beds, two baths — how much is a home like this in your market? Although much depends on neighborhood and structural quality, here’s a few comparables for a similar single family home in other major markets (just in case you’re wondering).
- Spokane: $280,000
- Vancouver: $1,598,000
- Seattle: $939,500
- Portland: $650,000
- Bay Area: $1,100,000
We've partnered with a local real estate agent who can help you get started on a custom search to meet your needs. Visit Inland Social's website to view Spokane homes for sale.
3) Primo Commercial Space is Only Around $23 per Square Foot
Yep, $23/sq. ft. Here’s a few comparables from other major markets (just in case you’re wondering).
- Spokane: 23/sq. ft.
- Vancouver: $60/sq. ft.
- Seattle: $65/sq. ft.
- Portland: $50/sq. ft.
- Bay Area: $70/sq. ft.
4) Trails Aplenty
This is Centennial Trail that travels all the way through downtown Spokane and neighboring suburbs of the metro — some of the best running, biking, and strolling around. And it’s not alone, paved trails weave into the fabric of the city.
5) We Have Five Ski Resorts Within 1.5-Hours of Downtown
It’s easy to get from Spokane to one of the local hills. Although winter in the metro is relatively mild, it’s almost always snowing in the mountains. Best powder around.
6) We Have Dozens of Lakes Within 1-Hour of Downtown, Hundreds Within 2-Hours
We have a lot of lakes. Boating, fishing, jet skis, frolicking on a hot day; lake cabins, lake homes, Lake Street Dive; whatever you want, we’ve got it, and it’s all within easy striking distance.
7) That’s a Big Waterfall
How many cities have waterfalls downtown? Not that many. In fact, there’s only one urban waterfall in the nation larger than Spokane’s. It’s Niagara, so we’re in pretty good company (as far as waterfalls go).
8) Five Universities, Two Med Schools, and About 15,000 Students All Huddled Together in the Same Neighborhood
There’s a lot of creative energy within the University District; Gonzaga, Washington State, Eastern Washington, Whitworth, and University of Washington are the five universities that cluster within it.
9) There’s 28 Microbreweries in Metro Spokane
We really love good beer, and we have a ton to choose from.
10) There’s 26 Wine-Tasting-Rooms and Wineries in Metro Spokane (and hundreds within the region)
Here’s a few Washington State wine facts to slurp down: (courtesy of the Washington State Wine Commission):
- We're only second to California in wine harvesting and production in the nation.
- We average one extra hour of sweet, sweet, summer sunlight more than California.
- There are over 900 wineries in the state (most of them near Spokane), and we grow over 40 grape varietals.
Curious about Spokane area wines? We've got you covered.
11) We Have Plenty of Hipster and Family Friendly Neighborhoods to Choose From
Spokane has a lot of cool neighborhoods. Here’s the best neighborhoods in Spokane in ranked-order with maps and pictures.
12) Our Quality of Life is Off the Hook
- Rush hour is just that—only an hour.
- It's also easy to walk, bike, or bus to work (or wherever you need to go).
- Our food is spectacular (and the LA Times agrees).
- Our arts, music, and theatre scene is solid.
- Our schools are safe
- We have all the big city amenities that one desires
- Not to mention Spokane's quality of life also includes the first 11 reasons on this list ...